Essen Health Care is an integrated healthcare delivery organization that provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to many of the most under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a population health model of care delivery, Essen’s patient-centric approach is focused on meeting patient needs in all care settings. Founded in 1999, Essen clinicians provide care in all five boroughs of New York City. With 150 primary and specialty care physicians and almost 100 advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. With five clinical divisions, patient care is provided in medical offices, 16 urgent care centers, hospitals, and nursing homes, as well as directly to patients in their homes. The Care Management division cares for the community by addressing social determinants of health through RNs, care managers and care coordinators. Essen clinicians provide quality care for nearly 30,000 patient lives across our five clinical divisions. Essen was one of the initial practices to have achieved ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ designation in New York by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. In 2018, Essen Health Care was nominated for the Heritage Innovation Award. Essen continues to expand and grow in the five boroughs while extending its breadth of services and continuing to provide the communities with leading edge care
Our growing Health Home Division is a “Virtual Home” for Medicaid recipients with chronic health conditions. It is a care management model where all individual caregivers communicate to address patient’s needs in a comprehensive manner. Essen’s health home division has a team of care coordinators who function as connectors and coordinators to a patient’s care team and connect members to the social services they need, including housing, transportation to appointments, medication reminders, educational courses, financial support and more.
We are looking for experience Care Coordinators to assist with patient needs. Assist with managing care and addressing social determinants of health for Medicaid recipients with chronic health conditions.
- Build and maintain relationship with patients
- Conduct face to face assessments for all patients to assess their medical and social needs
- Create a care plan in adherence with providers and caregivers
- Provide community resources to patients to ensure health and well being
- Promote timely access to appropriate care
- Increase utilization of preventative care
- Schedule appointments and transportation
- Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for patients, care team, family/caregiver(s) and community resources
- Facilitate patient access to appropriate medical and specialty providers
- Educate and refer patient to community resources
- Keep detailed up to date documentation
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications/experience:
- 2-years’ experience in the Medical field
- Associates degree required
- Bi-lingual Spanish strongly preferred
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.