Essen Health Care is a Multi-Specialty medical group. Due to our extreme growth, we are looking for Bilingual (English/ Spanish) speaking HARP Care Manager to assist with completing Assessments and Care Plans for patients who experience behavior health conditions and homelessness. Exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in working in healthcare and working with the under served patient population. HARP Care Managers assist with assessing, managing care and addressing social determinants of health for Medicaid patients with chronic health conditions. Care Manager assessments and care plans are the driving force that connects patients with Health and Community Based Services (HCBS). HARP
Care Managers serve as the lead contact with insurance companies and health and community-based providers.
Our Health Home Division is a “Virtual Home” for Medicaid patients with chronic illness. It is a care management model where all individual caregivers communicate to address patient’s needs in a comprehensive manner. Essen’s health home division has a team of care coordinators who function as connectors and coordinators to a patient’s care team and connect members to the social services they need, including housing, transportation to appointments, medication reminders, educational courses, financial support and more.
- Conduct assessments and care plans for high need patients to assess and address their behavioral health, medical, and social needs
- Submit assessments and care plans to Managed Care Organizations
- Point of contact for Managed Care Organizations (insurance companies)
- Connect patients to Health and Community Based Services based on patient designation
- Promote timely access to appropriate care
- Increase utilization of preventative care
- Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for patients, care team, family/caregiver(s) and community resources
- Educate and refer patient to community resources
- Keep detailed up to date documentation
- Submit reports to Director
- Bachelors Degree, Master Degree (Social Work, Psychology, Public Health,Counseling etc.) or CASAC-T Certification
- Two years of experience: In providing direct services to people with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders; or
- Experience In linking individuals with Serious Mental Illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders to a broad range of services essential to successful living in a community setting (e.g. medical, psychiatric, social, educational, legal, housing and financial services)
- Full-time position
- Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM
Essen Health Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population. Essen Health Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.