Essen Health Care has a new opening for a Medical Assistant to work at our new Geriatric Urgent Care facility. The Urgent Care is open 24 hours – 7 days per week and looking for someone to be able to start April 2019.
We are looking for Candidates that have open availability.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Telephone Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Certification required
- Customer service mentality; must have pleasing personality; able to handle different and difficult situations
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a medical office setting is preferred
- Experience in EMR (Electronic medical recording); computer literate and able to type competently
- Urgent Care experience is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish speaking required
- Must be flexible with schedule, Urgent Care is open evenings and weekends and there are rotating shifts
Essen Health Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population. Essen Health Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.