The entire Essen Health Care team is working tirelessly to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community from the COVID-19/Novel Coronavirus pandemic. As such, we are taking every preventative measure we can to protect everyone from this disease.
Information about COVID-19:
, coronavirus is part of a large family of viruses that cause illnesses ranging from common cold to more severe diseases, such as SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) COVID-19, also known as Novel Coronavirus, is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans
What is considered High Risk Factors:
- Age 60+
- Underlying health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease
- Traveled by plane in the past 30 days
- Been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS
What Essen Health Care is doing:
NO Essen Medical AND NO Metro Urgicare sites will be accepting any walk-in appointments for COVID-19 screening or testing. If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or traveled internationally and feeling sick with cough and fever, please call the Essen COVID-19 hotline at 718-638-7682 to schedule an appointment for testing.
Protecting Yourself & Others:
If you are visiting one of our offices or urgent care centers, please keep as much distance as possible between you and other patients. Plan to attend any appointments alone, unless it is critical for someone to accompany you. If someone does come with you, they are required to complete a pre-screening assessment for the virus.
If you have a fever and cough AND are short of breath, please go to the Emergency Room.
Steps towards prevention:
- If you feel sick, we strongly encourage you to stay at home and avoid public transit if you can
- Wash and sanitize your hands regular for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands
- Do not shake hands
- Monitor your health more closely than usual for cold or flu symptoms
You can also text COVID to 692692 to receive real-time alerts from the NYC DOH about closures and treatment updates.
NYC Department of Health linked here
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention linked here