Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a ‘population health’ model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for homebound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
COME JOIN US!!!
Essen is currently seeking Cardiologists for our Cardiology Department. This is an outpatient position, but there is an additional opportunity within the group for a Cardiologist to provide consultations for other Divisions in Essen. Our dedicated and compassionate team of professionals come from culturally diverse backgrounds and they share the common vision of providing our outpatient population with the best primary and preventative health care available.
Non interventional / Interventional Candidates Welcome!!!!!
• Full-time and Part-time Schedules
• Comprehensive Pay Structure
• Access to multiple Physician Specialties
• Hospital and community-based positions available
• Culture passionate about improving access to healthcare
• Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
• Fellows and Practicing physicians welcome
• Clinical Assistant Provided
• Geriatric and Adult Patient population
• Loan repayment available
• Visa sponsorship available
The selected candidate will be responsible to perform daily Cardiology duties including but not limited to:
• Evaluate patient through conversations, interviews, and observations
• Administer patient tests or request testing/lab work; analyze patient data and results
• Diagnose patient with correct psychological, emotional, or behavioral disorder
• Collaborate with patient’s physicians and other medical staff to determine treatment
• Set patient’s goals and discuss treatment plans
• Establish timelines, tasks, and medical needs of patient
• Analyze the best medications or therapy to help patient reach goal
• Prescribe medications and monitor patient intake
• Document patient records and progress, including symptoms, medications, and treatments
• Counsel patient and listen to their reactions to treatment
• Provide patient with emotional tools and methods for recovery
• Educate patient, patient’s family, significant others, and relevant parties of patient’s progress, treatment, and future goals
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications:
• Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Cardiology
• Board Certified or Board Eligible Cardiology
• Successful completion of an approved Cardiology residency training program.
• Active License
• Current New York State Medical Practitioner License
• Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing.
• Experience with ECG, Echo, Stress Testing
• Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus but not a requirement
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.