Essen Medical Associates is the place where ‘Care Comes Together’. Our Board Certified Primary Care Physicians aim to provide you with the highest quality of care.
The Essen Healthcare Team makes finding a primary care doctor easy. Whether you need an annual checkup or you have a complex health problem, our dedicated team of Primary Care experts at Essen Medical are ready to treat you from head to toe and coordinate your care every step of the way. It’s easy to get an appointment and our helpful staff are there to provide you with top-quality service from the moment you walk in the door. At the Essen Medical Associates, your health is our primary concern.
Our conveniently located offices throughout Bronx and Brooklyn provide easy access to care and we have office hours that fit your busy life, including evenings and weekends. Your accessibility to our services is one of our greatest priorities, which is why we also offer easy online appointments and hassle-free self-check-in Kiosk’s at our offices to decrease wait time.
Our online Patient Portal gives you the opportunity to be an active participant in improving your health. It allows you to view your lab results, make follow up appointments, contact your provider and much more.
- Chronic and acute conditions, illnesses or injuries: Routine visits or flare- ups, recent onset symptoms
- Pre- or post-surgery care: pre- surgical examination, testing and clearance, post – surgery follow up care
- Preventive care: Annual Physical exams, periodic follow up exams, pre- employment physical exams, immigration physicals
- Examinations or screenings: Alcohol misuse, breast, depression, domestic violence, foot, neurologic, pelvic, rectal, retinal or eye, skin, and substance abuse
- Health education or counseling: Alcohol abuse counseling, asthma, diabetes education, diet or nutrition, exercise, family planning or contraception, genetic counseling, growth or development, injury prevention, STD prevention, stress management, substance abuse counseling, tobacco use or exposure, and weight reduction
- Imaging services: Bone mineral density, CT scan, echocardiogram, ultrasound, mammography, MRI, and X-ray, colonoscopy
- Laboratory tests: Basic metabolic panel, complete blood count, chlamydia test, comprehensive metabolic panel, Fecal Immunochemical Testing (FIT)/ Fecal Occult Blood Testing (FOBT), rapid step test, pregnancy or HCG test, creatinine or renal function panel, culture (blood, throat, urine, or other), glucose, gonorrhea test, chlamydia test, HbA1c, hepatitis testing, HIV test, HPV DNA test, lipid profile, liver enzymes or hepatic function panel, pap test, prostate specific antigen , TSH or thyroid panel, urinalysis, and vitamin D test
- Procedures: EKG or ECG, Pulmonary Function Test, spirometry, tuberculosis skin testing