Essen Health Care is seeking experience Care Coordinator Supervisor to assist with patient needs.
Essen Health Care is hiring passionate Supervisor for Health Home Program. Exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in working in healthcare and working with the underserved patient population. Patient Care Coordinators assist with managing care and addressing social determinants of health for Medicaid patients with chronic health conditions.
The selected candidate(s) will be responsible to perform duties including but not limited to:
- Oversee care coordinator team
- Train onboarding care coordinators
- Support with provision of care coordination services
- Monitor and complete reports on care coordinator performance, productivity, and quality Conduct supervisions with care coordinators at minimum of monthly basis
- Communicate care coordinator needs
- Promote self-care for care coordinators
- Manage patient engagement activities
- Present in bi-weekly care coordinator team meetings
- Develop new trainings and tools for care coordinators to improve quality and efficiency
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications/experience:
- 2-years’ experience in the healthcare, community health, social work, supportive housing, or other social service interventions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bilingual; Spanish strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (e., Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong team building and coaching skills and experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or in a team setting
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a ‘population health’ model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for homebound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.