The Essen Health Care Clinical Clerkship Program is offered to international medical graduates who wish to establish hands on clinical experience, publication support and to network with other health care providers. Our goal is to teach the best quality care and share our knowledge in providing primary care in all settings including Office, Nursing Home and in patient homes, through our House Calls Divisions.
- Full Time - 5 days a week for 3 month
- Part time – 3 days a week for 5 months
Cost: $1200 (which can be split during the 3 months.)
- Community Medicine
- Long term and subacute care
- Medical House Calls
- Urgent Care
- Chronic Care Management
Goals: Upon completion of the clerkship, students will be able to demonstrate competence in
- Electronic Health Record System.
- Diagnostic features of the major chronic diseases including clinical presentation, therapeutic approach, treatment and prognosis.
- Patient communication skills.
- History taking and physical examination.
- Networking with over 100+ providers in Essen Health Care.
Evaluation: At the conclusion of the clerkship, you will be eligible to obtain a Letter of Recommendation from your immediate supervisor and a certificate of completion from Dr Sumir Sahgal, Chief Medical Officer, Essen Health Care.